Promoting health, well being and balance
We can deliver programs and workshops to meet the health and wellbeing needs
of groups in the corporate, health, community services and education sectors.
We have presented to a broad range of people and organisations including
counselors, nurses and midwives, palliative care staff, allied health
professionals, community health and outreach workers, the racing industry,
and primary and secondary school staff.
Our training programs include:
Please also refer to the Coaching page for
information on personal development programs to help you reach
your full potential. I invite you to contact me for
further information on courses.
Bio-Energetic Therapy - Therapeutic Touch
Healing Dimensions offers the complete training program in Therapeutic
Touch. The courses are competency-based and nationally accredited through
the Australian Quality Training Framework
I have been a practitioner of Therapeutic Touch for over 20 years and
a teacher for 15 years. I am a foundation member of the
Therapeutic Touch Association of Australasia (TTAA)
and a TTAA Qualified Therapeutic Touch Teacher (QTTTA). I bring a sound
theoretical as well as practice base to my teaching.
Therapeutic Touch is a compassionate mindfulness related process which works to:-
- support wellbeing
- enrich relationships
- promote relaxation and reduce anxiety
- enhance the healing response
- support life changes including birth and the last days of life
Therapeutic Touch is a wonderful therapy to use for self- care, and with family, friends and pets.
Therapeutic Touch can be used effectively in clinical practice by a wide range of health professionals
including nurses, doctors, allied health practitioners and natural therapists.
Therapeutic Touch can be a valuable asset in counselling and psychotherapy, spiritual direction, life and wellness coaching practices.
Therapeutic Touch offers the following:-
- an evidence based therapy which has been shown to enhance relaxation, reduce anxiety,
promote the healing response and assist with symptom management
- an enhanced ability to use the mindfulness (centered) state
- a deeper understanding of the dynamics of intent in the therapeutic relationship
- further exploration of the power of compassion in practice
- an awareness of the bio-energetic flows in yourself and your client and how these may support care
- centering and grounding exercises which can be shared with clients
- self care and personal/professional growth.
More information on Therapeutic is available on the
Therapeutic Touch Association of Australasia
website and on the
Therapeutic Touch International Association website.
Therapeutic Touch Training Program Overview
Our competency based program includes the following options:-
- Basic level course which prepares you to use TT for:-
- Self care and for family and friends
- professional development if you are already a health or well-being practitioner
beginning your training in a health and well-being modality
- Intermediate Level Course
- provides the opportunity to deepen your compassionate mindfulness and learn further techniques for practice
- Mentorship and Advanced level Courses
- provide further training for health care clinical practice and private practice
- Teacher and mentor programs
- provide support and training to mentor and teach Therapeutic Touch
Completion of the Basic, Intermediate and Mentorship courses provides eligibility to apply
for Accreditation as a Qualified Therapeutic Touch practitioner.
For a listing of available course dates please click here.
I you would like further information on these courses please visit
Health and Wellbeing for Organisations and Groups
Workshops, day retreats or programs can be developed for your group or
organisation these include:
- Customised workshops to suit your group/organisational needs,
focusing on stress management, health and wellbeing, meditation
and mindfulness, and personal transformation
- Programs and workshops tailored particularly for those working
in the areas of human services, to capitalise on the close link
between practitioner health and wellbeing, and the delivery of
- Refer to Meditation for details of some of the
workshops which can be tailored to suit your group or organisation.
The Healer's Journey
The Healer's Journey is a professional development opportunity
which harnesses the personal realities of life and offers a unique
perspective on understanding inter-professional and organisational
dynamics and relationships.
Having completed my Masters degree in education at La Trobe University
with a thesis on the archetype of the wounded-healer, I developed
The Healer's Journey to assist those in the caring and helping
professions to access the wisdom and guidance contained in the
archetype or universal pattern of the wounded-healer.
The Healer's Journey helps you to expand your personal and professional
horizons, allowing you to revitalise yourself and your practice, and
explore new directions in your career.
The Healer's Journey can help shed light on intra and inter professional
dynamics providing fresh perspectives, and a platform for co-operation
and renewed relationships.
While the program can be tailored to the needs of specific groups and
organisations, a typical workshop might include:
- An overview of the journey to healing
- How we can transform our own life in the service of others
- Connecting to our call to healing
- What brought us to this area, how that informs and enlivens current practice
- Exploring what the wounds can reveal of their own resolution
- Using archetypal wisdom to uncover the gifts of our difficulties and challenges
- Understanding your profession and organisation using the wounded healer archetype
- Taking a step back to see what is going on, gaining new insights and options for action
- Identifying the consequences of not taking the journey to healing
- When we hurt ourselves, each other and those we wish to help
- Understanding toxic work environments
- Mapping a healing journey
- What that would look like right now for you or your organisation.
Inviting the wounded healer archetype into conscious action in the life
of a practitioner or organisation can be a profound and enriching experience.